Monday, September 10, 2012

Yeah, I signed my son up for dance class

Hip Hop dance class that is... because Parker is so gangsta!  
Have you ever seen 2 boys more "hip hop" than Parker and Max? They're ready to be the next Channing Tatums circa Step Up! 
Our morning started at 4:45am after both kids had ROUGH nights! Parker was up twice with nightmares and ended up sleeping in our bed. Avery woke up 4 times and the 5th time was up for the day after much effort to get her back to sleep! She woke Parker up so our morning started at o-cock-a-doodle-do! After preschool, he sat on the floor to watch Misty Island Rescue (Thomas the Train) for the 196th time and literally fell asleep sitting up then slumped over. This is how I found him when I went to change him for hip hop class.
Yeah that's not what I sent him to school in. Those would be his accident pants.... Oh Parker and his poop problem but look at that sweet face.
After wrestling him into the most hip hopish clothes he owns, we were off to class!  Avie and I stood behind the window where we could see him but he couldn't see us and got to witness this preciousness:
Dancing to "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes"
Starting their routine
Attempting to clap under his leg
At the end, the kids circle up and do individual freestyles. Parker grabbed his ankles and booty popped.... I guess he's more of a hip hop dancer than I thought!
He really enjoyed the class and I look forward to taking him back next Monday. I have to say, I'm pretty excited about the recital that Daniel makes me call "dance revue" in May. Seriously... they learn a routine, have costumes, the works! 

I know signing my son up for dance may be slightly controversial but I don't think it should be. This class is a lot about following direction, listening and  rhythm not to mention burning some energy! I was worried when I first signed Parker up what other moms might think about my son in dance but he likes it and that's good enough for me. There are 4 boys in the class so it's not like he's the only one. Ahh... I have to get better about not caring what other moms think about my parenting decisions.

We ended the evening with a LONG walk around the neighborhood walking trails. The kids walked the vast majority of it in effort wear them OUT and in desperate hopes of getting them both to sleep through the night! Prayers would be MUCH appreciated for a good nights sleep for everyone! We could ALL use it! Especially this exhausted mama!

1 comment: