Thursday, May 27, 2010

Me, God and the Keebler Elf Truck

Don't you love when God puts you at the right place at the right time? Yesterday, it was behind a Keebler Elf truck. It was glorious. A warm, beautifully crafted rainbow chip cookie was coming out of the little golden oven and the creepy little elves were all around the hollowed out tree kitchen making fudge stripes.... hmmm.... I can taste them. After almost rear ending the Keebler Elf truck (wouldn't that have been awesome! I wonder if they would have given me the damaged cookies?) I started paying more attention to my surroundings. It was then I heard a familiar tune on 91.9 (christian radio). HEALER......

The song Healer has special meaning for me. While battling cancer there were songs that I would play over and over and over using the lyrics of the songs as my prayers to God for healing. The more I would sing the lyrics, the more I believed in the power of the words I was speaking. Unfortunately, the song Healer (originally done by Mike Guglielmucci of Hillsongs) was tainted when Mike faked having cancer but other artist such as Kari Jobe have rerecorded it, restoring the power of this song. The song Healer and Praise You in this Storm by Casting Crowns reminded me on a daily basis that God could and WOULD heal me of cancer. He proved faithful and healed me.... TWICE!

My favorite line in the song is "Nothing is impossible for You. You hold my world in Your hands." I can't tell you how many times God has revealed that to me.... most lately in the eyes of my child I was told I wouldn't be able to have. Cancer robbed me of my hair, fertility and 1st year of marriage but God restored all of that and has proved to be infinitely more faithful to me than I deserve.

One would think I would be on my knees daily praising God for my blessings. Healing, my child, health, Parker's health, my husband etc.... but for some reason.... I stray like a lost puppy. Usually not for long... God kinda loves me a lot and doesn't let me go too far but I love how He meets me where I am to remind me of my need for Him... yesterday, it just happened to be the Keebler Elf truck. :)

Here is the Kari Jobe version for your listening and praising pleasure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIEJ_PmqJ8&feature=related

And the simple but powerful lyrics:
Verse:
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire

And heal all my disease

Pre-Chorus:
I trust in You
I trust in You

Chorus:

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me

Jesus You're all I need

Bridge:
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You

Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands


Check out my little miracle "then" and "now"... for NOTHING is impossible for Him.

4 comments:

  1. I heart this post! This made me cry ... thank you for such an incredible reminder of God's faithfulness. You have got such a powerful testimony and I look forward to hearing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cayce! I've been enjoying your blog too! You also have a great testimony! Don't we all, though! God is so good and meets everyone where they are. So cool how that works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. you have come through so much and are such a powerful testimony of God's healing powers. when you were pregnant with parker, we didn't think we would be able to have kids, and it was so encouraging to see the healing in you, that it kept me positive. thanks for sharing your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm Joyce, I'm from Brazil
    and I'm happy very much for you
    God is wonderful! :D

    Really, nothing is impossible for God

    ReplyDelete