Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Choo Choo!

Yesterday at MyGym they had a new activity.... train rides! Man was that a hit! Lately Parker hasn't been too thrilled with doing the planned activities (we make him though!) but he ran straight to that train and plopped himself on the caboose! Daniel and I couldn't stop laughing at how excited he was for his train ride! When the instructor said "One ride a piece" we knew we were in for meltdown city when his turn was over! Thankfully, the swings came out right at he got off the train and we were able to distract him (momentarily) until there was a lull in the line and Daniel snuck him back on the train for a 2nd ride. The look on his face was PRICELESS!

SOOOOO..... as most parents would do, when we got home, we googled it. Parker has very expense taste... that train (new) was $499 PLUS $99.99 for the extra track pieces and $300 for the caboose! Wowzer. However, savvy mommy found one on Craigslist for $125 in new condition. If I didn't tell you it was used, you'd never know. We decided to wait on the extra train tracks (which I'm so glad because I have NO idea where I'd set it up if there were more tracks!) and the caboose. Who needs the caboose if he doesn't like it. It's a "Thomas the Train" and he has no idea who Thomas is (of course I probably paid a premium for that silly face and #1 painted on the side) but it's super cute and I'm happy with the quality.

Obviously, when we got home, I had to set it up because we only turned the train on while I was at the sellers house. I wanted to see how big it was, if it was, in fact, in excellent condition and if Parker liked it. If not, the seller told me she'd give me a day to play with it and return it OR I could put it on Craigslist and get more than I paid (some are selling for $200+). Lets just say Parker has been burning up the tracks now for over an hour yelling CHOO CHOO! Precious and worth every penny! Thankfully, this year we can let him play with it today and bring it back out on Christmas morning and he won't know the difference!

Check out that smile!


As he passes me (perched on the couch) he tells me "Bye Bye Mommy" and blows me kisses. Love him! Well it's nap time... we'll see how willingly he and Thomas and a little break! Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. What a little cutie!

    P.S. You won our giveaway today! Please email us to claim your awesome prize!! :)

    ReplyDelete