Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Most Thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This is the first year in all 25 of my years on this wonderful Earth that I have not traveled to my grandparent's house in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. Honestly, it's tough to break a tradition that has been so incredibly important to me for so long. This year, it just didn't work out. It makes me a little sad, though.

I tried to at least carry on the tradition of serving Christmas cookies as a Thanksgiving dessert. No, I'm not subjecting everyone to the Parent's Magazine Christmas Tree cookies. No worries. They are; however, being subjected to snickerdoodles, peanut butter cup cookies (if Daniel doesn't eat them all before the meal!), M&M sugar cookies and lastly, chocolate chip reindeer! YUM! Who needs turkey when you have 4 varieties of cookies (and a veggie tray from Harris Teeter that I will place onto my own platter and say I made)?


I'm sure Thanksgiving with Daniel's mom will be lovely and tasty. It's just different.... but different isn't bad. So today... I embrace a new form of Thanksgiving because let's be honest.... I have no reason to complain. I have more to be thankful for than I have minutes to type them all. God has blessed Daniel and I beyond measure. A simple prayer and "thank you" seems to fall so short compared to everything the Lord has done for us and blessed us with. Here is my attempt at a short list of the things I'm MOST thankful for in no particular order:

*My salvation
*Being healed from cancer
*Parker, my miracle baby
*Parker's health despite being a preemie
*My husband, Daniel
*Our home
*Our newest blessing, Avery (due in May!)
*My parents that helped set Daniel and I up for success by putting me through college, private school, buying me a reliable car, giving us a beautiful wedding and continuing to provide encouragement and love. I've never doubted their love for me, my husband or my son. They've sacrificed everything for me and would again if I asked. 

*My husband's job that allows me to stay at home with our son and provide financially for us
*My friends... those closest to me who have been there for me through my roller coaster of a life!
*That Daniel and I agree on "big ticket items" ... even though we're so different, being on the same page makes life so much less stressful!
*Our cheerleaders... those who have always been a source of encouragement and wisdom to Daniel and myself.
*Dabo/Barney/Netflix. They are one in the same. Today our router is having problems and it keeps kicking us off Netflix which is how we stream Barney.... and it has been a rough morning. He's cried for Barney approximately 10 times over not having his morning Barney fix. Clearly I should invest in more than 1 Barney DVD. How I'm going to shower/get ready and finish cooking without our friend, Barney is beyond me. So today... I'm thankful for Barney and the 45-55 minutes I get every morning for myself!


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You went to private school? I thought you went to North? I'm confused ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list, by the way. I meant to mention that with my other comment :)

    ReplyDelete