Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Recap - Sun and Son

What a wonderful weekend?! Did you have as glorious of weather as we did here in Charlotte, NC?! I sure hope so! Friday we enjoyed an afternoon play date with our neighbor friends, had a casual dinner and Daniel and I snuggled on the couch with a movie. That night, I literally dreamed ALL NIGHT that I was fighting an alien invasion... when I woke up I physically hurt. I think my muscles and mind were clinched fighting aliens all night... no worries... I won... the world is safe... you're welcome. Fighting aliens is exhausting so Daniel let me sleep in.

Once I woke up more rested, we all headed outside and enslaved our children to wash our cars. In reality, they just wash our bumpers over and over and think its awesome. Parker will literally wash my car for HOURS! Once Avery went down for a nap, I clipped the monitor to my shorts and started working. Daniel did some yard work and I pulled everything out of the garage to reorganize. While everything was out, Daniel pressure washed the garage, driveway, patio etc while I mowed the lawn. I've only mowed the lawn twice...ever... it was really empowering and totally instant gratification! Don't tell Daniel I liked it.

That evening, we headed to church at Elevation. Didn't they look cute!?!

Saturday night, Daniel went to poker with his neighborhood guy friends and I went to bed early watched 48 hours mystery in bed. Avery was up 3 times Saturday night and was up for the day at 6.... I wish I HAD gone to bed early! BUT we had a fun day planned.... first up, SPIRIT WEAR! It's a Panther game day and you know I'm all about spirit wear!
I forgot Avery's Panther hair bow! Bad mommy!

Nana and Parker sliding

We went to my parents house for a yummy lunch on the patio, fun at the park and an afternoon on the lake. The weather was perfection! No humidity, slight breeze, lots of sunshine.... amazing.

Parker and Daniel tubing

Parker LOVES going in the air. My little water daredevil!

Daniel took a turn by himself and took a nice little skip across the water.

Captain Chris... my wonderful dad!
Check who tubed for the 1st time!

She didn't love it but didn't hate it. She was content and calm, taking it all in.

Parker waiving to Avery

Duck patrol!


As you may know if you're a regular reader, Avery has never been on the boat without falling asleep... and I take a picture... EVERY TIME
A little iPhone self photography at the end of the day since I forgot to include myself in the official pictures of the day!

Even Parker was worn out after lots of tubing!

After the lake, the kids jumped on the trampoline then we ate dinner and headed home. Surprisingly, Parker fell asleep in the car but Avery made it all the way home before crashing! Fingers crossed the kids sleep well tonight and I don't try to save the world from aliens.... 

A weekend for the books! I sure hope we have another weekend like this before the boat has to be winterized and we work our schedules around football!

1 comment:

  1. That WAS a weekend for the books! So glad you had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete