Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dear Letters

After this post you're probably going to think I'm a complete whackado (if you don't already) .

Confession: Sometimes, I write letters in my mind and I find it extremely therapeutic. Remember in church camp where you write something on a paper that weighs heavily on you and then the pastor burns it or nails it to the cross? Basically, it was an exercise to symbolize giving your burdens to Jesus and setting yourself free. Well, letters in my mind that I never actually write (because who has that kind of time?!) or send (because I would DIE if these people knew I felt this way) is my way of addressing the issue and moving on. I also compose mental thank you notes which I should really get better about actually penning.

Am I the only one who does this? Probably so. Since it's already out there and you already think I'm nuts, I figured I'd compile a list of "Dears" for your reading pleasure. I'd LOVE for you to add your own in the comments section!
....................................................................................................................................................................
Dear Old Navy,
Thank you for your selection of embroidered shorts and capri pants this season. I especially like the anchors and the 5 inch length but why didn't you make matching shirts?! There is not a single shirt in your store that matches any of your anchor, seahorse or lobster embroidered bottoms. Not even solid shirts. This new, "not matching is the new matching" is NOT cute... on anyone.

Thanks in advance for making cute matching shirts and sending me one for free and a coupon for bringing this oversight to your attention.

Taylor Wise
 ...............................................................................................................................................................
Dear Mr. Toyota Camry,
Do you see that temporary tag on my minivan? It means it's new which is why I parked in east nowhere. There were 6 other spots closer to the store that you could have chosen. That temp tag gives me a 2 car space bumper. I thought this was common knowledge but I was clearly mistaken.

Taylor Wise
................................................................................................................................................................
Dear 7:30pm,
You take forever to get here and yet I still love you. My children don't share my affection for you.

Taylor Wise
.................................................................................................................................................................
Dear Priority Honda,
You suck. Except for Jason.... Your customer service is SO awful that I have no idea how you're still in business.

Taylor Wise
................................................................................................................................................................
Dear everyone who told me LASIK eye surgery was the best thing I'd ever do,
You're all liars. I much prefer going to the dentist and we all know where that ranks on my list of loves/hates.

Taylor Wise
...................................................................................................................................................................
Dear Avery,
It is a daily struggle to keep you alive. PLEASE quit climbing stuff. You are going to put me in an early grave.... or at the very least, break your arm.

MOM
...................................................................................................................................................................
 Dear Parker,
Would it really kill you to eat a vegetable other than peas?

MOM
...................................................................................................................................................................
Got the idea? There are my "Dear letters." Sadly, those are only the ones from today. Maybe the lack of adult human contact as a stay at home mom is starting to take its toll on my mental sanity. I should probably schedule a girl's night ASAP. Wanna play along? Comment below or on facebook.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Taylor,
    Thanks for keeping my snotty, teething, crying child for me so I could go to dinner last night. You're the best sister wife ever!
    Tabitha :)

    ReplyDelete