Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweet 16's, Peanut Butter Cookies and Ice Cream Sandwiches

.... that is what I bought at the grocery store today. I have officially decided that I am done being pregnant and if Avery would jump on board, that would be fantastic. haha. The house is clean, the clothes are all packed (and the hamper is empty!), the car seat is in the car.... timing is perfect... for me at least! I hear babies come in their own timing... ugh... so inconvient!

You know what else is inconvenient? That Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays. It's literally THE ONLY DAY of the week I want Chick-fil-a. Today, I NEEDED a shake. I settled for Baskin Robbins only to find out they were out of the ONLY flavor I wanted. So I went to the grocery store and came home with Sweet 16 doughnuts, Peanut Butter cookies and those M&M cookie ice cream sandwiches.... none of which I now desire to eat. I'm all about spending a day with your family and totally get and respect Chick-fil-a giving their employees Sundays off. I'm just maybe suggesting only having 1 worker on Sundays. He/she can run the drive thru and only make shakes. Is that too much to ask? They can rotate and they'd only have to work like 1 Sunday every 4 months. They can even open at noon so they can go to early church. I may have to email that request to Truett Cathy. Problem solved.

I've genuinely been a happy preggo and I am still enjoying it. I promise. It's just I'm starting to get anxious. Not so much about the birth but about leaving Parker for 3ish days. I thrive on schedule and routine. Not knowing when Avery will come totally throws off my ability to plan. I suppose this could be seen as a control issue... I see it more as being a "responsible mother." It makes me feel better to justify my need to know my future and schedule my life by spinning it in such a positive light. :) Wouldn't it be nice if once the house is clean, laundry is done, bags are packed and childcare is available we could just flip a switch and BAM... labor. I wish.........

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add that Neil and I have also had this conversation (about chi-fil-a being closed on sundays, the one day of the wk you CRAVE it, of course).

    ReplyDelete