Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Avery!

I am SO behind on my blogging! I'm sorry! BUT if I'm being honest, posting daily about cleaning up a mess then turning around to see that an even bigger one has been created just isn't super fun to read about. SO... without further adieu.... Avery's 1st Birthday post (almost a month late... WHOOPS!)

Avery Madison, you're 1 year old... although I prefer "12 months" because I think it sounds younger and I'm in no rush for you to grow up. You had an "all things pink, polka dot, sweet and girly" 1st birthday party because I'm not super into themes but I am into cute, pink and girly....

We had a candy table with lots of yummy treats including these AMAZ-BALLS cake balls that Aunt Tabitha made.

You slept for the first half of your party in Mimi and Poppop's arms. It was so sweet and I know it made their trip worth it to get some Avie snuggles on your 1st birthday. Your nap also allowed me time to mingle with party guest and get all of the food out so it was perfect!
Poppop and Avery

Mimi and Avery
Grammie and Grandaddy, nana and poppi, aunt Kelly and Grandma also came to your party.
Poppi and Mommy

Grandaddy and Mommy

Grammie and Mommy

Grandma and Avie

Aunt Kelly and Avie
Aunt Kelly, nana and mommy
Your Aunt Tabitha, Uncle Dean and baby Makenna stayed with us for the weekend and helped cook and decorate for the occasion. I don't know what we would do without them!!!
Your friends, Zury and Marshall, Jayden and Jonah, Charley and Max and Bo, Khloe and Tate, cousin Jakob, and Avery and Grant also joined the festivities!
Playing on the train table

Swing set fun with Aunt Kelly

Bounce House!

Sweet neighbors Khloe and Tate

Kristin and Bo

Amber and handsome Marshall

Zury, Jakob and Parker playing in the sand turtle

Backyard birthday fun!
I made a banner with a picture from newborn to 12 months. It was a hit and so special. I put it in your memory box. 
I also made a slide show with 300+ pictures that scrolled throughout the night on the TV. My grandparents who mostly stayed inside really enjoyed watching it. I wish I had put happy music to it so that it didn't look so much like an "in memory" slide show. 
Since your birthday is Cinco de Mayo, it was only appropriate to have a pinata. I bought a pull string pinata since everyone is a bit young to hit a real one. It didn't work quite as I had expected and I ended up ripping it apart myself. At the end of the day, the kids got candy and that's all that mattered to them!



We served BBQ, pasta salad, baked beans, fruit and chips. You tried it all!

Harris Teeter made you a little smash cake but you weren't very interested in it. I wasn't bummed though since we had those AMAZING pictures taken by Alicia Sutton Photography a few days before! 


These little vultures children took care of your cake but made sure to save you a bite!
You enjoyed working the party crowd and were the cutest little birthday girl!




Happy 1st Birthday, Avery Madison! You are a JOY to parent. Your father and I love watching you grow and learn daily. You are inquisitive, smart and so very sweet. You have a fiery personality that you are learning to express and mommy is learning to maintain! WHEW! You are 18 pounds of pure preciousness and we feel so blessed that God gave us you!

3 comments:

  1. such a sweet birthday party! I love the colors, the theme and that sweet little girl of yours. How do they turn one so quickly?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im addicted to your blog, I just started reading it not to long ago though&I'm so glad I came across this one, because I'm in the process of planning my daughter's 1st birthday&I love your idea of the banner! I've been thinking of ways to incorporate her pictures from her 1st year, but I was just wondering how you made it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, Welcome! I made the banner with cardstock that I cut to be 5x7. I used 4x6 pictures from each month. I jazzed each one up with a coordinating color paper stripe and the number of the month. I hot glued ric rac (you could also use ribbon) to the back to string them up. Easy peasy but so cute! Enjoy!

      Delete