Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sista Sista


Did you ever watch that show when you were a kid (or younger adult for my more seasoned readers)? Well, my sister and I did and we were pretty much just like Tia and Tamara except for the adopted, twin, black... wait... no, actually we weren't; but nonetheless, it made for a nice blog title since this entry is dedicated to none other than my sister, Kelly.

As you can see, I have brown hair; she has blond hair. I have brown eyes; she has blue eyes. I am married; she is single. I like vanilla; she likes chocolate. I'm a republican; she's a slightly confused democrat. My nose is real; hers was very expensive. You get the picture.... Other than our mutual love for Channing Tatum, we're pretty much polar opposites but the crazy thing is when we're together it just works. It didn't always. 1999-2002 were our rough years to be exact. She was in middle school and had way too many obnoxious middle school girl friends and I was in high school and was hot 'n heavy with "the love of my life." We did a lot of tattle telling and even hit each other with a hair brush a time or two. Our defining moment was the day I left for college and she could no longer blame things on me.

We really became close when I was diagnosed with cancer. Kelly's not one to verbalize her emotions and mine pour out of my mouth before I know I've said anything. I felt most loved by her the time I visited her in her dorm in between chemos and she made her suitemates bleach the cement walls to minimize bacteria. We've shed a lot of tears for each other both out of sadness and laughter. She makes me laugh until my cheeks hurt and I make her focus. We need one another. God knew what he was doing when he made us sisters.

Kelly recently graduated and moved back home. I'm excited she's here even though she's made it pretty clear this is one step above hell. I'm looking forward to her really getting to know Parker. I hope they have a really cool relationship. Of course we'll take baby steps as the only time I've ever asked her to babysit, when I came home, she was asleep on the couch while Parker played on the floor.... but I think her moving home is a new beginning! She spent the night with me last night and I felt bad I didn't have anything more fun for her to do! We watched Wipeout and 20/20! Woo Hoo! Fun night at the Wise household! I think my life makes her seriously consider being a single, European traveling nomad. She's got a hat collection that I'm told is very cool in Europe so she'll fit right in.

Well... all this to say... Kelly, I love you so much! I'm so glad you're back in Charlotte and we get to spend more time together. I know you're a little down about the job situation but I am so proud of all the work you've done to put yourself in the position to achieve your dream job! If all else fails, you can always fall back on the skill you honed at the early age of 3.... the naked belt dance. Dad would be so proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment