Friday, February 21, 2014

Birthdays, Balloons and Butts

1 week ago we were covered in 12 inches of snow and yesterday I wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I LOVE living in North Carolina! Today the windows are cracked, the doors are open and I'm soaking in the musty post thunderstorm smell. Our local weather man forecasted more cold weather next week but I'm choosing to not believe him. 

My Goddaughter, Makenna's, 2nd birthday is just around the corner and yesterday morning was her 2 year photoshoot. Her mom had a bunch of balloons blown up for the pictures so yesterday afternoon, we decided to take the kids to a local neighborhood clubhouse and snap more pictures of the kids playing with the balloons because we were gonna get her $20 out of those balloon gosh darn it. Helium is expensive these days, y'all! 

The birthday girl. Isn't she the cutest?!
As soon as Tabitha told me what colors the balloons were, I knew exactly what outfit Avery could wear to coordinate! A girl's gotta coordinate with her friend's birthday color scheme, right?!
Really mom, we're taking MORE pictures? I don't know how I feel about this...
Toddlers and Tiaras are calling... they want their pose back. Why she poses like this, I do not know but it's hilarious.
Love her!
Parker had a blast climbing the rocks and taunting me with coming as close as he could to falling in the pond. 
I kept asking him to turn around so I could get a picture of his face and not is hiney. He thought that was hilarious so I got about 15 pictures like this:
How fitting is it that this photo sequence is to commemorate turning 2?



I die. She even threw in a "no mine!" which makes it even more awesome! Welcome to your 2's, Makenna! No wonder why her parents call her "sassy!" 

Sweet friends
Can you believe Makenna is 10 months younger? They look the same size!
Happy 2nd birthday, sweet Makenna! We are so blessed to live 2 doors down from you and live life with your family!




0 comments:

Post a Comment