Thursday, December 22, 2011

Updates!

Blog, I miss you! I promise I haven't forgotten you. Here's what we've been up to in bullet points... but not in pictures because I haven't even pulled my camera out in 3 weeks! (Bad mommy!)

House Related News:
1. We found out an offer we put on a short sale (house right before it goes into foreclosure) was accepted! YAY!
2. We had said house inspected.
3. Aforementioned house was slowly being destroyed by the sellers and had roof damage so we walked away feeling like God had a better plan for us.
4. The next day, a brand new house that was out of our price range by $40,000 was suddenly in our price range (SCORE!)
5. We put an offer on "The Big Ass Brick House" as we've been affectionately calling it (because it needs a woman's touch and some shrubs!) and it was ACCEPTED! HOORAY!
6. We close mid January!!!!
7. We need to find renters for our current house.
8. Wanna rent my house? OR (better yet) buy it for more than it's worth? Cricket Cricket.

Kiddo Updated:
1. They've been under the weather so we've been home for a week.
2. Avery found the dog bowl and life got instantly harder (and my laundry has doubled!)
3. Parker is a whiz on the iPad and taught me how to pass a few levels in angry birds. I'm a bit embarrassed that my 2 year old is better at that game than I am.
4. Avery pulled herself up for the 1st time today. I'm hoping it was a fluke.
5. Parker is currently getting a train table in a box on Christmas if Daniel and I don't get on the ball putting it together!


Life Update:
1. I need to learn to say NO. I took so many sewing orders that I feel like I need to donate to PBS for all of the babysitting hours Curious George and Super Why put in this week. I love to sew and monogram but it has put a lot of stress on me and I feel like I've been a TERRIBLE mom the last 2 weeks. So... no more sewing orders until we're settled in the new house! Don't even ask. I'll say no! (Let's be honest.... I probably won't and I'll be mad at myself.... but I mean NO even if I say yes).
2. Today is Daniel's birthday and he literally asked for the kids to wear matching "I love Ron Paul" shirts, a Harris Teeter sub for lunch and burgers for dinner. Easy right? Yeah... I couldn't manage the burgers in the rain/kids were MELTING DOWN so he got Chinese takeout. Worst wife ever? Possibly. The kids; however, did show their Ron Paul pride to the other shoppers at the HT today... we got a lot of funny looks.
3. I hate ham. My mother in law suggested I make a Smithfield spiral for Christmas. I want soup...or lasagna... or something I don't have to cook on Christmas day and make sides for. I wish I was better at speaking up. 
4. I sold my couch because it didn't fit in the house we thought we were going to buy. Then we walked away, found a new house... and it would have fit great. WHOOPS.
5. Tomorrow, the only thing on my agenda is making peppermint cheesecake... it has been on my agenda for 3 days straight.

So that's what's going on in the Wise household! I'm going to go set the camera on the counter so I remember to snap some pictures so you all don't "un-follow" me because of this "blah blog post!"

Don't give up on me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment