Thursday, December 29, 2011

Midweek Confessions

I'm linking up with E from E, Myself and I today to post a few midweek confessions. I've been writing confessions in my head for weeks but haven't actually blogged them yet or linked up. Today's the day!

1. Avery is 7 months old and has never slept a full night in her crib. In fact, she's never slept through the night. She has NO method of self soothing other than breastfeeding. We've tried letting her cry it out. She doesn't quit crying. She has also woken (is this a proper English word? It sounds so weird!)  her brother up many times. We're moving in late January and I plan to start fresh in the new house with better sleep habits. It's going to be a rough few weeks when we start!

2. Parker (2 1/2 years old) pretty much only eats "branded" foods. As in "Nemo Fruit Snacks," "Cars 2 Mac n Cheese," "Cars 2 Cheese its," "Toy Story Campbell's Soup." If some company made carrot sticks in the shape of Woody, I bet he'd eat them. He does eat some other things but he's definitely in a food rut! Help! (Parker is currently eating Cars chicken noodle soup with his hands.... sigh)

3. It's past noon and we're all still in our jammies.

4. We got an iPad for Christmas and downloaded a bunch of toddler apps. Lately, all Parker wants to do with it is watch YouTube videos of kids playing with toys that he has sitting in his toy box! Some of the videos are just people opening the packaging... who films them self doing this?!?! There are hundreds on YouTube... Parker appreciates them. I've gotta figure out locks and limits on the iPad so he actually goes back to playing educational games or take it away so he actually plays with the toys he's watching other kids play with online!

5. I got Daniel a Dairy Queen ice cream cake for his birthday. He has had one slice... I've eaten a slice each night since his birthday.... I ate the last slice of HIS cake last night. Isn't that awful!?!

6. I haven't shaved more than the bottom 4 inches of my legs in 3 weeks due to lack of alone time. Avery isn't known for being too content in an exersaucer or doorway jumper anymore now that she's on the move but she gets into too much stuff (ie the dog's water bowl) to not be contained while I'm showering. I haven't felt put together or pretty in about a month. 

Well that's enough confessions for this week! I can't share them all or I'll sound like the worst mom ever.... gotta space them out over time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm giving you a round of applause for even attempting to shave your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! But I think I'm worse: I only shave below my knee when I know I'm rolling up my jeans or wearing flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading these & I LOVE the title of your blog! How creative!!!

    And Dairy Queen ice cream cake is AWESOME!! That cookie center is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor, I'm so glad you linked up so I could find your blog. SO cute! It actually makes me feel better to hear about your 7 month old's bad sleeping habits... At least I'm not the only one. AND, that is TOTALLY me with the icecream cake - in fact, I feel like I might need to go buy one before Diet 2012 begins just for the heck of it! :)

    ReplyDelete