Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap/Excitng Week Ahead!

I have been a VERY bad blogger! ALTHOUGH my reasons are well justified! Baby Avery will be here Wednesday! AHHH!!!!!!! So exciting! You know how you THINK you're prepared and then it hits you that, no, in fact you are not. That was me this week. Things like: Parker has diapers but he would run out about the day we'd be coming home from the hospital... Daniel's only pair of sandals he owns ripped and who wants to sandal shop with a 2 year old and 2 day old.... Avery has bows but no hats and hospitals like hats (even though I'm anti hats on newborn girls... ugly!) So I've been busy doing "those last minute things!" My parents also come over and forced me to nest (aka... clean my house and do yard work) so that was a huge help and definitely a big weight off my shoulders.

Avery must really be content inside of me because I loaded 2 Adirondack chairs into my chair by myself, threw them over my head into a dumpster and... nothing... not even a contraction. I did yard work/housework from 10am-7pm... nothing! Took a bumpy boat ride....nothing. I've walked miles at a fast pace, eaten spicy food.... yes done "that" too.... nothing. I think she'd go 42 weeks if the doctor's would let her! Girls.... she's being a diva from the beginning. She will learn quickly in the Wise household, WE ARE NOT LATE so she better get on board with that once she arrives!

Our last weekend as a family of 3 was nothing short of wonderful! We went on a nice relaxing boat ride on Saturday and Parker slept on my chest while the breeze blew through my hair..... it was heaven. We ate at the soda shop in Davidson and made a stop at Carolina Cones for some "ice cream choo choo!" Ice cream+train+playground = Parker's heaven. On Sunday (today), I declared that "my mother's day" since Avery will be 4 days old and my idea of a great mother's day starts with sleeping in. We all know that won't be happening for quite some time so I took advantage of that today! I slept until 9, ate powered doughnuts for breakfast, made Daniel try on every clothing item he owns and donate everything that didn't fit or that I deemed unwearable, shopped (alone!) to fill the holes in Daniel's wardrobe (SO FUN!) and snuck to my favorite consignment store for more things Parker and Avery didn't need. We capped the day off by returning/exchanging all but 1 of the things I bought Daniel for different colors/sizes (it's so much easier if they just go with you the 1st time around!) AND we treated ourselves to TCBY! YUMMY!

Tomorrow we have a super fun mega play date planned, then I want to clean the car, spread my last 2 bags of mulch and monogram 1 or 2 more things.... I hope I'll be able to fit it all in because TUESDAY WE HEAD TO THE HOSPITAL! WOO HOO! The plan is to start the induction Tuesday night and she should be here sometime Wednesday if all goes as planned! YIPPEE!! I can't wait! Suddenly, I think she's going to be a red head. Here's my guess.... 6lbs 7oz red hair blue eyes. Any other guesses? Either way, I'm in love... with her AND this little man!
Taken Monday at Discovery Place
Sorry for the super long, boring recap post but I needed to document my weekend/inform everyone of our exciting countdown! WOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

  1. First off, I love your blog title! Secondly, happy pushing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We ended up with a c-section but she was worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete