Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Some internet friends that I don't actually know in person are hosting a "What's Up Wednesday" party together so I figured I'd link up because... my Wednesday has been perfectly mundane so I know you're all dying to hear about it.

WHAT I'M EATING:
Cool Ranch Doritos currently (don't judge).... Grocery day is almost here so tonight we're eating a bunch of stuff put in a crock pot and then baked into Southwestern Egg Rolls. I LOVE recipes like this that don't have to be precise. I can add and take away based on leftovers, frozen foods and canned items I have and it still taste great! Tonight, I added chicken that I needed to cook. It was delish... and didn't look a thing like the picture in the recipe.
Pinterest pictures lie.
What I'm looking forward to:
We're going snow tubing for the 9th anniversary of my 21st birthday on Feb. 27th.  My actual birthday is Feb 23rd but ever since my sister and I moved out and became big girls, my parents have crazy busy social lives so we moved it back a few days. It reminds me of the Toyota Venza commercial. I'm in bed by 9pm and they're at concerts at the Biltmore House in Asheville and having wine with friends on pontoon boats at sunset. I want to be them when I grow up. I'm really looking forward to a day of snow tubing with the kids!

What I'm loving:
Toddler clothes... as usual! Matilda Jane's new pink roses big ruffles may be my favorite pair of pants Avery has ever owned! 

She could have gotten away with murder yesterday in those pants.... thankfully, the only crime committed was that she and Parker self served themselves ice cream cones at 9:15am while I was at the dentist and my husband was on a conference call watching them. I couldn't even be mad... I probably would have done the same thing if I were them. Opportunistic little boogers. 

What we've been up to:
We finally have a contract on our house! So what I HAVEN'T been doing is obsessively cleaning! We spent the majority of the weekend finalizing new house plans and making excessively too many trips to Lowes. During the week, the kids and I are into a pretty good groove of school, planned activities, play dates and general housework and I'm loving not having as many "showing request." It's a HUGE weight off my shoulders! 

We usually do our stalking from the comforts of our minivan parked up the street because...hello.. DVD player!
What I'm dreading: 
I'm not dreading packing since we're doing it progressively, but I AM dreading cleaning the house in between moving out and closing. Last time we moved my mom did it because she's AWESOME.... and because I pulled the cancer card. Those cleaning solutions can't be good for me ;) This time, I'm going to beg my husband to hire a cleaning crew.... or hope Oprah sends me one.

What I'm working on:
I'm working on a wreath for Avery's room in the new house. Every closet door needs a wreath, right?! It's taking me FOREVER because I ran out of materials and it's meticulous but I really like how it's turning out. 

Her new room will be navy, pink, mint and gray with silver metallic accents. I'm pretty excited about it! Ask me the color scheme for the rest of the house..... Yeah, I haven't a clue.

What I'm excited about:
Parker's birthday party! He has been planning his party since March 22nd of last year. 
Last year's party was a hit!
Parker is just like his daddy. Nothing gets him too excited and nothing gets him too down. They're both very even keeled so when Parker gets REALLY excited about something, I am too. I've spent the last 2 days planning his Spiderman party and I think it will be everything he's asked for... even if I've had to jump through hoops like a circus lion to make it happen. How many phone calls does it take to plan a fairly simple Spiderman party? For me, the answer has been 14. Between the location, cake lady, neighborhood HOA and finding someone to dress as Spiderman, do a magic show and twist balloons, this party has been no easy feat.

 What I'm watching:
Currently, I'm keeping up with Pretty Little Liars (seriously though, who is A?!), Scandal, The Blacklist and Revenge. The last 3 are hands down the best shows on television and you can't convince me otherwise.  I didn't watch the last season of Parenthood so I'm playing catch up now on the iPad laying in bed at night before I fall asleep. Don't we all want to be a Braverman? 

Daniel and I both love "period shows" like Rome, Spartacus, Downton Abbey, The White Queen, and The Tutors. We recently put on "Reign" and I'm hooked... Daniel not so much. I did a quick Google search and just realized it airs on the "CW" which may be why Daniel called it quits after 2 episodes. It's basically a teenage version of "The Tutors"...except with the French Henry, not the English one... and amazing costumes.


 What I'm listening to:
 Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave is on repeat at my house right now.


What am I annoyed by:
Realtors.  Does that need an explanation?

 What am I hoping for:
 One good snow day then spring. High 60's - High 70's for the month of March, April and May. Is that too much to ask?

What am I wearing today:
My winter mom uniform! Eggplant sweatshirt tunic, olive green cable knit leggings and dark brown boots. I wear some combination of sweatshirt tunics, leggings and boots at least 5 times a week. It's like wearing pajamas but socially more acceptable.
What else is new:
I'm appliance shopping for a new refrigerator and washer & dryer. I'm pretty excited about gifting my current ones to the new owners of our house. Do any of you LOVE your fridge or washer & dryer?! There are SOOOO many to choose from!
What's up with you?

1 comment: