Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Surprise! We went on a vacation!

Well hello again! Do you know what happens when you set your computer on the floor next to a bath tub to "play on facebook" while the kids bathe? Said children like to "swim" in the tub... they splash... and laptops don't enjoy water as much as toddlers do. It still works... except for the letters QWERTYUASDF.... just the top left side of the keyboard.... who needs those letters anyways? I emailed myself those letters from Daniel's computer so I could copy and paste them as needed but that's REALLY annoying. Like really...really... obnoxiously tedious. Lesson learned... keep electronics away from bath time.

Thankfully, my husband hoards computers so now that we're back from our vacation and settling back into our routine, he'll set one up for me with locks and limits like a child because I am the QUEEN of computer viruses and spyware... and run on sentences.

Due to my love of spyware and social media, the hubby made sure to remind me NOT to post that we were going on vacation because that's like saying "Hey y'all, come steal all my stuff.  I won't be home to stop you. Oh and by the way, the Christmas gifts are hidden in the guest room closet. Help yourself. Please feed the seahorses while you're here. Thanks! Love, The Wise Family"

So... surprise! We went on a vacation!

Last December, we planned a 6 day cruise to the Bahamas to unplug from technology and enjoy being together and unreachable from work, facebook and the 75 emails a day I've been getting since joining the HOA communications committee. Ok, so not 75... but too many...  We committed to 6 days as a family, unplugged, in a warm destination, with every meal prepared for us and umbrella drinks. *BLISS*

While on vacation, I took a whole 60 pictures... that's it.... and I wasn't in a single one of them. Photo fail? or Photo win? On one hand, I don't have many pictures to document our fun vacation. On the other hand, I was living in the moment instead of behind the lens. I lie... I took 1 picture of myself.
Those are my short, stubby toes in the sands of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. My feet look like those of a 97 year old woman. Why are my feet so wrinkly?!

I digress. We went to Florida 2 days before our cruise so we could take the kids to Legoland. We thought Parker would LOVE it! Come to find out, he mostly just loved the exclusive Lego minifigures. Had we known that, we would have spent the $140 in tickets on lego ebay treasures and he would have been more than pleased. Unless your child is over 42 inches and can walk through a Lego store and not buy something without explosive tears.... don't waste your $.

They're marketing geniuses at Legoland, you see, so most rides exit through a themed store. The "Knights Kingdom" roller coaster ride either ends in tears from not buying the castle or you drop $89 on tiny plastic pieces that are suppose to form a castle except my child mixes his sets and can't build them alone so really they're just land mines that you'll eventually step on and curse yourself for purchasing. We managed to leave Legoland with only $24 in minifigures and $18 in stocking stuffers but we also left with Avery in tears because she was too short to ride everything except the carousel and cars.

While we DID have fun, all in all, I would not recommend Legoland unless you're already in the Orlando area and get majorly discounted tickets. Also, purchase parking online... it's discounted to only $12. UGH. Am I the only one who hates paying to park?!

Next up, cruise pictures! I also plan to do a "cruising with kids" post. We plan to cruise again soon and there are some things we learned this trip I'll definitely implement for the next one. My last name isn't "Wise" because I married into it... oh wait... it is ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment