Monday, June 10, 2013

Mesothelioma Awareness - an amazing cancer survivor story

Good morning! I've gotta get out and about today to run an errand or 4 but since my swagger wagon doesn't go-go-gadget into a boat, I think we'll be hanging home today. My garden sure appreciates this rain but my Vitamin D levels are in a tailspin. Larry Sprinkle, our weather man whose last name is probably not actually Sprinkle but how cool would it be if it actually is, has promised sun the rest of the week. I'm holding him to it.

A few days ago, I got an email from a fellow cancer survivor named Heather. She sent me a link to her website that raises awareness for Mesothelioma. If you're ignorant like I am, the most I've heard of Mesothelioma is on law office commercials. You know the ones "Call the law offices of Garfield and Harris if you've ever been injured at work, had complications from surgical mesh, been diagnosed with mesothelioma due to exposure to asbestos or have ever taken the birth control YAZ." That was literally my entire knowledge base of mesothelioma. I knew to call a law office if I got it but I had no idea what "it" was. "It" is a preventable cancer and had I not watched Heather's video, I wouldn't have known that.

Here's a girl who lived my worst nightmare.... cancer with a newborn. I've said it before and I'll say it again...  I'm SO thankful my cancer was before I had kids. I can't imagine what she went through having a 3 month old and cancer diagnosis. I can only imagine I'd be bitter.... but not her. I want to share this amazing story of a woman who beat the odds. She beat cancer with a better attitude than most of us have on a good day.

Please take a moment to watch this 3ish minute video and educate yourself on this 100% preventable cancer. It could save your life! Please pass along this video... and apparently the phone number of a law office. (kidding!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment